by Jeff Jolley
RAD spent some time with Fat Mike of NOFX.
- How's your record label?
- Terrific. Fat Wreck Chords is doing just swell. We're
selling a lot of Face to Face CDs.
- Rancid was very excited about what they've done with Fat Wreck
Chords and with Epitaph. There seems to be a good
- I just did a seven inch with them. I love Rancid. They're
the best band on Epitaph, I think.
- What was it like playing Japan? Did they just kind of sit
- No. We were eating sushi in a restaurant and about 20 kids
came in and watched us eat. It was pretty cool. Oh, and
instead of doing the heavy metal thunder thing, they do the
- How do you see the difference between punk today and punk 10,
15 years ago?
- More people like it, I think the bands are better, and you
can make money with it. But I think the spirit's still there.
- What are some of the influences that NOFX has?
- Cheap Trick, Bad Religion, but I never got influenced by a
lot. I got influenced by Eric Clapton. I like that song,
"Tears in Heaven"-- heavy song. What else...Minor Threat,
- What are your views on life?
- I have a great view from my house in San Francisco. I'm on
the fourth floor, you can see downtown, you can see the bay
bridge, Daly City, I've got a great view. And Jefe's got a
nice view of the ocean. So the NOFX views, I've gotta say,
are pretty cool.
I think our views are much better than Rancid. They live in
Berkeley and you can't see anything there.
Copyright © 1994, Rational Alternative Digital