by James Bonisteel
This is a band that has emerged from Chicago, Illinois. They have toured with
Hole, Dig, and A Letter To Cleo.
- With your latest album, I heard a rumor that Billy Corgan, had co- produced your album was that true?
- He had nothing to do with this album, he produced out first one, we
produced this one, he just helped out on the EP.
- Where are you originally from. I heard you were originally from
- Well, Keith lives there now, but he is originally from southern
California. He just joined the band about seven months ago. Their old
bass player left and my brother called me up and asked me join.
- It looks like you have a long drive.
- We have three days off and we are going to travel 1,500 miles but we
are getting used to it. We have been getting so many far away dates
from one another that you just kind get used to it. It's really weird.
When we first started it was hard, but this tour bus we have helps a
lot. We had a really shitty bus before we got this, and this really
makes all the difference in the world. We originally had an airport
shuttle bus and redesigned the interior, but it was never really
designed to go over forty five mph. We ended up putting 45,000 miles
on it. It served it's purpose well.
- How has the tour been so far has it been getting to you at all?
- This has been a really energizing kind of thing for us. It has been
very hostile and a lot of fun.
- There was a stainless steel guitar on stage tonight. It was great--
whose is that?
- I can't even start to tell you the story about that guitar it is just
too hideous (right then the wind just almost blew their bus over). Man
that's just amazing is it always this way out here?
- Not really it is not as windy as this.
- Where we are from in Chicago it gets about this windy.
- With all the fans you have out there is there anything you like to say
- What I would say is really concentrate on what you really want to do
with your life and don't compromise at all no matter how much of a
struggle it is. Just go for it--that's what life's all about. You don't
really know what you can do unless you try. I also want to thank
everyone for giving us a chance, and for supporting us.
- How is your label treating you?
- Yeah, they treat us really well they pretty much let us do what we
want also--don't use Saccharine, eat well, floss and just stay healthy.
And at that point they jumped off the bus and went on stage with and just had
fun. See them if they come into your town, they put on a great show.
Copyright © 1995, Rational Alternative Digital